The Mission:

Not buying any new clothes for one whole year in hopes to move towards my goal of living a life of simplicity.

Day 56

My mom and I just came back from a 5 day trip to San Francisco. I had a conference for work (I'm super spoiled) and my mom came along to keep my company.  We had a little bit of down time during the conference, so naturally my mom and I walked around Union Square.  The area was saturated with an eclectic mix of clothing stores.  Foolishly, I suggested we enter a few of them just to "look" at things.  I surprised myself with how well I managed to not want to purchas anything.  However, my mom generously offered to buy me something for my birthday (which was a month away).  So reluctantly (or not), I found one dress I believed to be versatile, both for work and for casual wear.  I made sure that whatever it was my mom was buying me for my birthday was something I could really get a lot of use out of since I haven't had anything new in almost 2 months.

So with dignity and pride (and hopefully maintaing some integrity to my project) I chose this dress that my mom got for me as an early birthday present:


1 comments:

Meg said...

Good choice!

Post a Comment

Followers